▪ Do parents have to be present? No. You do, however, need to log your child into the online classroom at the start of each class, but then you can either stay or do other things as you need to.
▪ Do parents have to print things off or help outside of preschool class? No, our curriculum is designed to be hands-on (no worksheets unless for writing) and self-contained within our 60 -minute preschool class each day so you don't have to supplement additional curriculum during the day. However, at the beginning of new themes parents will have the option to print off activity sheets that help children understand the concepts of each principle taught. Curriculum will also be sent out via mail for your child to use during class time.
▪ Do parents have to buy art materials? No. Supplies will be provided or we will use what you are already have in your home.
▪ Are there other costs besides my monthly tuition? No. There are no other costs required to participate.
▪ What's the difference between your online preschool and Hooked on Phonics or ABC Mouse? The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that preschoolers have no more than 1 hour of screen time. Would you prefer your child used that hour on high-intensity video games or on face-to-face social interactions to prepare your child in EVERY WAY to develop socially, emotionally, physically, cognitively, and linguistically? I believe preschool is a hands-on experience, and playing video games to "learn" isn't how we do things at online preschool.
▪ What if my child is shy, active, loud, crazy, etc.? After over 26 years of working with young children, I think I've seen just about every type of child there is. I'm excited to teach your child and help him or her have a wonderful experience!
▪ What requirements do I need to participate? You'll need internet and a laptop or desktop computer. You can use an iPad or a phone but we don't recommend it because it's too hard to see everyone's faces and actually socialize with them.
▪ I'm not technical. Will you show me how to login? Yes. We will walk you through how to login. It's easy!
▪ What platform is this using? We use Zoom, a free platform. The links we use to join our online classroom are exclusive to our preschool families so no one else can access the online classroom. Plus, our online classroom is monitored by a teacher (that's ME!) at all times when in use.
▪ I miss the friends I had with my child's local preschool. Can I connect with preschool parents in my child's preschool class? Absolutely! After signing up, you'll join our private Facebook group of amazing preschool families. We're super supportive and excited to have you join us!
If you miss a class, we have you covered!
WE RECORD EVERY CLASS!
If your child isn't able to make it to class one day, that's okay! We'll upload the class recordings and give you the link so your child can watch them!